Point of Infinity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Characters

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet
Race: Shifter
Classes: Scout 1/Barbarian 1/ Ranger 3/ War Shaper 4/ Were Touched Master 5/Primeval 4/Shifter Paragon 1

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct 2010, 12:35

Dave how are we generating the stats for the NPC's we're creating ?
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet
Race: Omnipotent Being
Classes: God

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct 2010, 22:21

Good Question. The NPCs will be based on points, so they do not outshine the PCs.

Guidelines
1) They will not have any action points, they are fragile and you will have to take care of them, otherwise your reputations may suffer.
2) Their equipment is their own and should they die you will be contractually bound to return it to their families or guild. Selling or "losing" it will also result in a loss of reputation.
3) You have 28 points to spend on abilities, each stat begins at 8. Once the points are spent then add any racial modifiers.
4) They each begin at 1 level below your current (likely to be 9th when you have returned to Sharn) with 19,000 gp in equipment (2 categories lower than Character Wealth by level, Table 5-1 DMG p.135)

Ability Score Point Cost
9 1
10 2
11 3
12 4
13 5
14 6
15 8
16 10
17 13
18 16
Back to top Go down
http://point-of-infinity.blogspot.com
Katerina
Deity
Katerina

Character sheet
Race: Elf (Khorvaire)
Classes: Healer 7

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 07:32

Edit to the above NPC creation rules.

At this point, and for the forseeable future, NPCs will always be 8th level. They will be awarded XP but at a vastly reduced rate. They will also have an impact on your XP but to a lesser degree than if they were regular party members.
The NPCs will retain their current XP when not in your company, advancing at a meagre rate reflecting their own work. The reasoning behind this is that there are very few 'heroes', 8th level is considered the 'cap' for the most heroic of folk in Eberron.

Also the starting wealth for NPCs is 9400gp (Magic Item Compendium, table 6-9 p.231), mundane adventuring equipment does not count towards this limit.
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 07:42

Oops, forgot to log out as Katerina for that last post.
I should also discuss cost of these hirelings.
Each one will ask for 25% of what you are being paid (individually) plus a share of the loot.
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet
Race: Talenta Halfling
Classes: Ranger 4 Fighter 4 Halfling Outrider 5 Heir of Siberys 3

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 08:18

It's weird, I was about to post this very same question myself. Smile

But as an addendum, how many do you want working out? Also, what are you guys thinking of creating?
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 08:26

You can make as many or as few as you want.
I was thinking perhaps 3 each, that way there is a 'stable' of 9 hirelings on the books of the Deathsgate guild.
But don't feel pressured, 1 each would be enough for now.
I may also impose limits on how many you can take with you, depending on the quest.
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 09:45

How would you feel about an Extreme Explorer (since they get APs)?
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 09:59

Seeing as though the class is pretty much built around APs, I would have to say no this time.
Sorry mate Sad
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 10:14

No problem, I kinda suspected that would be the answer Smile
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 02:22

Just to reiterate a question Ian asked.

Madaxe McBrutal wrote:
Also, what are you guys thinking of creating?

I'd be interested to know too Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris
Novitiate
Chris

Character sheet
Race: Not telling ;)
Classes: Monk 4/Rogue 1/Drunken Master 2/Five Animals Fist Fighter 2

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 03:08

Well I think we need a rogue, an arcane caster type, and looks like we may need a cleric if Katerina is buggering off!

Was hoping we could make an arcane trickster type, so that we have rogue skills and arcane support on one hireling, thereby reducing how many hirelings we have to pay/split loot with. However, not sure that will be possible with 28 point builds as they need so many high stats! (And of course that build reduces the caster level by 3 or so .....)
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 21:57

Don't forget that you'll get 2 extra stat points for being 8th level.
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 04:45

Do you want us to post them here? I've got a Half-Orc rogue and a Gnome Wizard worked out so far btw.
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 05:14

No you don't need to post full stats here, although you can if you want, it would give me chance to give them some thought. But don't feel you have to I trust your judgement.
I would, however, like to give them the once over before they are introduced. Just to make sure there are no clashes of agenda etc...

Hmmm, they both sound quite intersting, I like Eberron gnomes Wink
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet
Classes: Scout 1/Barbarian 1/ Ranger 3/ War Shaper 4/ Were Touched Master 5/Primeval 4/Shifter Paragon 1

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 05:43

I was thinking of doing a Shifter Druid (a.k.a Clian), a Shadowdancer/Rogue type and something else
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 05:51

Clian is already an NPC.
You can by all means make a druid shifter, but it won't be her.
Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 06:09

So one of my 3 worked out already ! Great !
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 06:17

Hehe. Nope, in case you don't remember she has her own history, and she has quit her life as an adventurer as a result.
Besides, she is a proud woman, do you really think that she would want to be considered a hirling? Before you make a sound, the answer is 'no' she would not Wink
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 06:29

Hirling is such a harsh word. How about 'junior associate member of the Crimson Fists'

And were going to Xendrik, chances for loot galore !
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 07:05

Nope
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 03:17

Firstly, topic moved to the correct forum.

Secondly, I'm looking forward to seeing the new NPCs, it is going to be interesting seeing how they fit in and work out. As I said, these things are not set in stone and if anything about their presence or power level doesn't seem to work, then i'm more than happy to re-assess the situation. At this point I would rather have them start a little on the weak side and increase their power level gradually, than have them begin too powerful and have make retroactive rulings.

Anyway, i'm not sure how much input from me you want from me with regards these new faces. I think it would be ideal if I could use them as a voice on occasion, but I don't want to take anything away from you if you don't want me to. The same goes for their backgrounds, for instance, I thought it would be interesting if Ian's gnome bard was a reporter for the Korranberg Chronicle, but if that's not what ian wants then that's fine.

All input and opinions welcome Wink
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2010, 04:02

Chris I remember you had some great ideas for my War-Forged Cleric but due to being asleep I have completely forgotten them. Please remind me
Back to top Go down
Chris
Novitiate
Chris

Character sheet
Race: Not telling ;)
Classes: Monk 4/Rogue 1/Drunken Master 2/Five Animals Fist Fighter 2

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2010, 04:46

Trying to remember what I said now, hmm!

If you're going cleric, I would definitely consider picking the magic domain, this will let the cleric use sorc/wiz wands/scrolls etc, so that he will be able to use 'repair' items to heal him/herself as well as using any such wands and things on us.

I think Dave mentioned something about a Warforged domain, which might be worth a look?

Otherwise, the travel domain would be really good, as it will eventually grant access to teleport, and the domain power is a freedom of movement ability.

Luck domain is also pretty good for the free luck reroll, or War domain for proficiency and weapon focus with the deity's chose weapon.

There is also a chosen by the lord of blades ability (or something like that, I think it's a feat) which means you get stonky bonuses (boni?) with a greatsword.

The augment healing feat is well worth considering, as it grants 2 points of extra healing, per level of the cure spell. (So cure moderate gets and extra 4, serious +6 etc) As this char is going to be our primary (only?) healer, this may be very useful.

And you may as well get the adamantine body feat for the ac and dr Smile
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2010, 05:24

Sounds good (apart from the Lord of Blades bit I don't think we should be encouraging that sort of behaviour)
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2010, 05:27

That has to be the wisest thing that you have ever said Dave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters    New Characters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Characters
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Point of Infinity :: Out-of-Character :: Character :: Companions-
Jump to: