Point of Infinity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

More Boomerang for your buck

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet
Race: Talenta Halfling
Classes: Ranger 4 Fighter 4 Halfling Outrider 5 Heir of Siberys 3

More Boomerang for your buck Empty
PostSubject: More Boomerang for your buck   More Boomerang for your buck I_icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 04:03

Following our brief discussion on the way out, I did some checking into the feasibility of funking up my boomerangs so they can penetrate DR, as you suggested. Now, I'm not sure if this has cropped up before but the description of the item they're based on says "a +1 javelin made of pure force" (Magic Item Compendium p.194). In the same book (p. 35) it lists the Force property as being able to "automatically overcome damage reduction". There's a lot of stuff I can't do with the boomerangs (using weapon crystals springs immediately to mind), so I'm not sure if that's overpowered. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet
Race: Omnipotent Being
Classes: God

PostSubject: Re: More Boomerang for your buck   More Boomerang for your buck I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Sep 2011, 03:19

Interesting.
Firstly the "force" weapon property is a +2 bonus which would automatically cost you +8000 gp or so.
Secondly the gloves only cost 7000 gp.
So thus far i believe that we have been dealing with the boomerangs correctly as far as DR is concerned.

Should you wish to imbue them with the force property then they would cost you an amount equal to your original item +2 bonus.

1) Assuming that your boomerangs are currently +1 with "special" effect (i.e. force = ghost-touch amongst others), then that would make them +2 weapons.
2) Adding a +2 effect onto the bandoleer would give it a market value of 32,000 gp.
3) 32,000 gp - 7,000 gp (original cost) = 25,000 gp to upgrade.

For this price i am happy to offer you the chance to have your bandoleer upgraded.
Hope all this makes sense.....
Back to top Go down
http://point-of-infinity.blogspot.com
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: More Boomerang for your buck   More Boomerang for your buck I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Sep 2011, 04:43

Okay, that seems reasonable. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: More Boomerang for your buck   More Boomerang for your buck I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Sep 2011, 20:38

Although . . . I do have a question about the figures. A +3 weapon would only cost 18,000 gp. Why would this cost 32,000?
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet
Race: Omnipotent Being
Classes: God

PostSubject: Re: More Boomerang for your buck   More Boomerang for your buck I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Sep 2011, 22:16

I am considering the original 'weapons' as +2; and the 'force' effect is a +2 bonus giving your bandoleer/boomerangs a total weapon bonus of +4:
Back to top Go down
http://point-of-infinity.blogspot.com
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: More Boomerang for your buck   More Boomerang for your buck I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011, 02:39

Oh yeah, reading your previous reply again that's kind of obvious Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Boomerang for your buck   More Boomerang for your buck I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Boomerang for your buck
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Point of Infinity :: Out-of-Character :: Rules Questions-
Jump to: