Point of Infinity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shifter Paragon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet
Race: Shifter
Classes: Scout 1/Barbarian 1/ Ranger 3/ War Shaper 4/ Were Touched Master 5/Primeval 4/Shifter Paragon 1

Shifter Paragon Empty
PostSubject: Shifter Paragon   Shifter Paragon I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Nov 2011, 13:58

Hi dave as requested this is the thread to debate wether Shifter Paragon is acceptable as a career

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
BAB: +3
Skills: Knowledge (Nature) 4 ranks, Survival 8 ranks
Feat: Any shifter feat.

Quote :
Class Skills
The Shifter Exemplar's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis) and Swim (Str)
Skills Points at Each Level: 4 + int

Hit Dice: d8
Level
Base Attack Bonus
Fort Save
Ref Save
Will Save

1st +0 +2 +2 +0 Bonus shifter feat, lesser shifting mastery
2nd +1 +3 +3 +0 Bonus shifter feat, natural weapon focus
3rd +2 +3 +3 +1 Bonus shifter feat, shifting mastery
4th +3 +4 +4 +1 Bonus shifter feat, natural weapon specialization
5th +3 +4 +4 +1 Extra shifter trait, master shifter

Class features

Bonus shifter feat: At each level except 5th, you gain a shifter feat as a bonus feat, provided you meet the prerequisites for it.

Least shifting mastery (Su): At 1st level, you become more adept at controlling the natural weapons you gain by shifting. While shifted, any natural weapons you have gain a bonus to damage equal to your shifter exemplar class level. In addition, they count as magic weapons for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction.

Natural weapon focus (Ex): At 2nd level, you become more competent in the use of your natural weapons. You gain the Weapon Focus feat for all of your natural weapons gained through shifting.

Shifting mastery(Su): At 3rd level, you learn to manifest more of your ancestral power. While shifted, the bonus to the ability score governed by your shifting trait increases to +4.

Natural weapon specialization (Ex): At 4th level, you learn to deal more lethal damage with your natural weapons. You gain the Weapon Specialization feat for all of your natural weapons gained through shifting.

Extra shifter trait (Ex): You gain an additional shifter trait. You manifest all the benefits of the trait, including the temporary bonus to an ability score (this ability also benefits from shifting mastery). This ability stacks with the shifter feat of the same name. If you also have the feat, you manifest 3 shifter traits when shifted.

Master Shifter (Ex): At 5th level, you have learned to master the abilities gained by your shifter feats. Choose two of your shifter feats that grants a static bonus to speed, AC, saves, initiative or skill checks when shifting. You gain an additional amount of bonus to the ones granted by those feats equal to 1/2 the number of shifter feats you have. In the case of feats that increase your movement speed for one form of movement, you gain an additional 5-ft bonus to your movement speed for that form of movement for every 2 shifter feats you have.
You may shift an additional time per day.

Obviously this is over-powered as is. I'd suggest losing all the Bonus Shifter Feats and the Extra Shifter Trait from the final level.

Also Losing a point of Ref save

Msybe raising Hit Points per level to D10 and dropping Skill Points to 2

Am currently reconsidering extra levels of Primeval so feel free to ban the class if you think its unworkable
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet
Race: Omnipotent Being
Classes: God

Shifter Paragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifter Paragon   Shifter Paragon I_icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 04:13

Ok, my two silver are this...

1) fort & reflex saves are too high, take these as 1 less.
2) Bonus shifter feat at levels 2 & 4
3) Agree with you on HD and skill points
4) Agree with you on extra shifter trait

Other than that I think it should be ok Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://point-of-infinity.blogspot.com
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet
Classes: Scout 1/Barbarian 1/ Ranger 3/ War Shaper 4/ Were Touched Master 5/Primeval 4/Shifter Paragon 1

Shifter Paragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifter Paragon   Shifter Paragon I_icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 05:44

So we'd lose the Bonus Shifter Feats at 1 and 3 and and the Extra Shifter Trait ?
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

Shifter Paragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifter Paragon   Shifter Paragon I_icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 06:18

Yup. I like the way shiffter feats work so I think it would be a shame to take all of them. But I feel that the extra trait is too much, especially if you already have more than one.
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

Shifter Paragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifter Paragon   Shifter Paragon I_icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 11:03

Infinity wrote:
Yup. I like the way shiffter feats work so I think it would be a shame to take all of them. But I feel that the extra trait is too much, especially if you already have more than one.

Gotcha.
Also I presume Master Shifter doesn't give me the free extra Shift as well as the extra funky advantages
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

Shifter Paragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifter Paragon   Shifter Paragon I_icon_minitimeTue 08 Nov 2011, 00:52

Not sure about that. How many shifts would you have without it at level 5 paragon?
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

Shifter Paragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifter Paragon   Shifter Paragon I_icon_minitimeTue 08 Nov 2011, 01:25

Infinity wrote:
Not sure about that. How many shifts would you have without it at level 5 paragon?

Well the career gives me two Shifter Feats which means I get to Shift an extra time. Add that to the four I've aready got, I'd be able to Shift five times a day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shifter Paragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifter Paragon   Shifter Paragon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shifter Paragon
Page 1 of 1