Point of Infinity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Local Gossip

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jadrax
Learned

Local Gossip Empty
PostSubject: Local Gossip   Local Gossip I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Aug 2012, 06:06

‘As long as gangers stay in their shanking each other over half a copper, then we’ll stay out here looking after those who have money.’ – Jacobus, Marienburg Black Cap describing the Doodkanaal

‘The Golden Lotus isn’t your average drug den, chum – oh no, it’s a real palace of poison. And possibly something worse’ – Piet Jaggermans, Boatman on the Red Lantern Canal

'Marienburgers travel north only by sea and with good reason. The Cursed Marshes stretch out about their city like a vast wound. When the wind blows southerly, you can almost gag from the decay if you aren’t prepared for it. Mutants live in the marshes, as do other, worse beings. I don’t know anything about them other than this: herbs from the Cursed Marches are worth a fortune, yet a fistful of Guilders can’t convince a Marienburger to visit the swamp a mere hour from his door. Think on that.' – Kastar Handlin, Travelling Merchant

Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet
Race: Shifter
Classes: Scout 1/Barbarian 1/ Ranger 3/ War Shaper 4/ Were Touched Master 5/Primeval 4/Shifter Paragon 1

Local Gossip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Gossip   Local Gossip I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Aug 2012, 10:30

We're going to have to go into the Cursed Marshes aren't we ?
Back to top Go down
jadrax
Learned

Local Gossip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Gossip   Local Gossip I_icon_minitimeMon 06 Aug 2012, 06:24

"First you've got the Black Caps and the River Watch - but they don't like each other. Then there's the militia - not the real militia, the bully-boys of the Ten, but they're as good as the law. Then there's the Excisemen, the Temple marines - don't mess with them, lad! And don't ferget the Elves. You don't see the Mannikins - Elf Watchmen - much these days, not since the riots, but tf'n they want ye, yer as good as got, and yez better know a good lawyer." - sailor explaining Marienburg law to a newcomer

"All right, m'lads! What's all this, then? Red codpieces, is it? Advertising, eh? I don't care if it's legal in Winkelmarkt! I'll have ye know we're respectable folk here in Noordmuur, with proper laws! That'll he a two-guilder fine for each of ye, and change your clothes!" - local watchman in bad mood

"Velvet and timber, ships and liquor, even someone's life - they say everything can be bought and sold in Marienburg. But, there's one thing you can't buy here, not for all the tea in Ind: open land." - Marienburger trader
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet
Classes: Scout 1/Barbarian 1/ Ranger 3/ War Shaper 4/ Were Touched Master 5/Primeval 4/Shifter Paragon 1

Local Gossip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Gossip   Local Gossip I_icon_minitimeMon 06 Aug 2012, 10:39

The Ten ?
Back to top Go down
jadrax
Learned

Local Gossip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Gossip   Local Gossip I_icon_minitimeMon 06 Aug 2012, 11:29

'The Ten? It's simple, my friend. They're the sharks left to guard the minnows.' - Suiddock innkeeper

'Amazing, isn't it? Rulers of the most complex city in the world, and yet their meetings are models of efficiency and unity. It's almost as if they knew in advance what the decisions would be... but that would be dishonest, of course.' - lawyer of the Inns of Court

'Of course they should be Directors! Their very success shows they have Heendryk's favour. What's good for them is good for Marienburg.' - priest of Haendryk answering a student radical
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet
Race: Omnipotent Being
Classes: God

Local Gossip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Gossip   Local Gossip I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Aug 2012, 02:45

Ajax the astounding wrote:
We're going to have to go into the Cursed Marshes aren't we ?

Not a chance human. I have my hair to think of....
Back to top Go down
http://point-of-infinity.blogspot.com
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

Local Gossip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Gossip   Local Gossip I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Aug 2012, 08:54

I'm glad to see you've got your priorities straight
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

Local Gossip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Gossip   Local Gossip I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Aug 2012, 10:37

Exactly, it's good to see you finally coming round to my way of thinking. After all I don't have the dark powers that you consort with to aid my professional status. I have to rely on the gifts that I was born with, and my hair is the envy of many a noble woman.
Now if we could just sort out your priorities and lure you from the dark paths you tread...
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet
Race: Talenta Halfling
Classes: Ranger 4 Fighter 4 Halfling Outrider 5 Heir of Siberys 3

Local Gossip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Gossip   Local Gossip I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Aug 2012, 20:29

Hat?
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

Local Gossip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Gossip   Local Gossip I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Aug 2012, 22:22

Infinity wrote:

Now if we could just sort out your priorities and lure you from the dark paths you tread...

There's just so much wrong with this sentence I don't know where to start
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

Local Gossip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Gossip   Local Gossip I_icon_minitimeWed 08 Aug 2012, 02:11

A hat is a good idea. A floppy wide brimmed one with a a pair of brightly coloured feathers. Or we could just refrain from entering the stinking marshes.
Back to top Go down
jadrax
Learned

Local Gossip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Gossip   Local Gossip I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012, 07:50

The Tale of Fish-face Fritz
For many years, Fritz, or Fish-face as the other stevedores called him, worked hard on Candle Wharf, moving cargo on and off ships moored in the Suiddock. Some unkindly souls might make a comment that his eyes were slightly too far apart, or bigger and rounder than most. Others that his neck was as big and wide as his head, or that he had a small nose, thin lips, almost no ears and little hair, but Fritz and his few close friends cared not, for he was kindly, humble, hard-working and blessed with good humour.
Not once did he miss a ship, no matter the weather and there were some who would say that on the days when it rained, Fritz seemed more alive and refreshed than on those hot, sunny days that made him occasionally struggle with his work and gasp for air and a drink. Fritz ignored these hurtful jibes, always doubling his efforts in the knowledge he was doing an honest days graft.
Despite the longshoreman’s diligence there came a gloomy day when three men clothed in dark apparel came unto him. They spoke piously and bade Fritz swear oaths to prove his loyalty, until they raised a pile of firewood at the dockside and threw Fritz upon the blazing faggots – there they poached and fried him until he was burnt to a crisp, declaring Fritz to be more fish than man.
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

Local Gossip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Gossip   Local Gossip I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012, 08:29

There's something fishy about this story
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

Local Gossip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Gossip   Local Gossip I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012, 08:42

It was probably for the best. After all it sounds like he was quite ugly.
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

Local Gossip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Gossip   Local Gossip I_icon_minitimeSat 18 Aug 2012, 02:31

Infinity wrote:

I'm going to find the lecturer who told me elves are ' a wise and deeply spiritual people' and give him a piece of my mind
Back to top Go down
jadrax
Learned

Local Gossip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Gossip   Local Gossip I_icon_minitimeSat 18 Aug 2012, 07:10

'We can learn much from the Elves of Marienburg, for they are a true democracy – the liberty of the individual is placed first and foremost. Everyone is free to speak his mind on any topic, even to denounce his rulers. Do the same in Marienburg and you'll get three years on Rijker's for sedition!' – Haam Markvalt, student radical

'It's a crime, I says. All the wealth they bring into that harbour, you 'd think they could deign to share a bit of it with honest dockers like us in our own city. But no, Elves docks at their own docks and unloads their own cargoes, cheating us of work! I'll tell you true, friends, there's plenty of us fed up with their kingly ways. If Guildmaster Cobbius don't do something, we'll take matters into our own hands.' – angry stevedore in front of a guild meeting

'For Shallya's sake, man! Don't go pickin' a fight with an Elf if you're likely to get caught. The Watch'll turn you over to them quick as a wink! Business is too important to risk over a poor Marienburger.' – Ostmuur boatbuilder
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

Local Gossip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Gossip   Local Gossip I_icon_minitimeSat 18 Aug 2012, 07:50

.... so what was that you were saying human???
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

Local Gossip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Gossip   Local Gossip I_icon_minitimeSat 18 Aug 2012, 08:54

Ajax the astounding wrote:
Infinity wrote:

I'm going to find the lecturer who told me elves are ' a wise and deeply spiritual people' and give him a piece of my mind

(speaks more slowly)
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

Local Gossip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Gossip   Local Gossip I_icon_minitimeSat 18 Aug 2012, 09:29

Now that's just mean Smile
Back to top Go down
jadrax
Learned

Local Gossip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Gossip   Local Gossip I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Sep 2012, 12:36

‘Now listen, this is a very important lesson that every wizard should learn. It warns of the dangers of magical use. The wizard is like a goblet, if you will. He is a golden goblet, or should that be a wizard of the Gold College is a golden goblet? Is a wizard of the Jade College a jade goblet? And what of a wizard of the Grey College? What is a grey goblet anyway? But, I digress, for now let us assume that a wizard is like a pewter mug. With a handle, naturally. Is that relevant? I don’t recall. But in any case the silver chalice of wizardhood is like amber. No, that’s not right. All wizards are a pile of cups and the point is, the more you fill one up, the more you spill if things go wrong, and the more mess there is to clean up afterwards, for we are a load of mugs.’ - A Light Wizard Explains
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet
Race: Talenta Halfling
Classes: Ranger 4 Fighter 4 Halfling Outrider 5 Heir of Siberys 3

Local Gossip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Gossip   Local Gossip I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Sep 2012, 12:40

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Local Gossip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Gossip   Local Gossip I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Local Gossip
Page 1 of 1