Point of Infinity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet
Race: Omnipotent Being
Classes: God

The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild Empty
PostSubject: The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild   The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Dec 2009, 12:05

Deathsgate Guild, Grey Embers Tower, Deathsgate, Middle Tavick's Landing, Sharn.

Established 200 years ago, this is a guild for adventurers and soldiers of fortune - a place for people with talent and courage to hone their skills and enjoy the company of like-minded folk. Deathsgate Guild adventurers are mostly 2nd-5th level characters, and most seved in the Last War. The adventurers of Deathsgate Guild have a strong rivalry with the adventurers of the Clifftop Guild, and Deathsgaters often start fights with their counterparts, both in Sharn and while out on adventures.

Joining
To join the guild a character must gain the approval of at least five current members and must pay the annual dues of 12 gp. In exchange he gets access to the guildhouse and the companionship of fellow adventurers. Aside from simple cameraderie, this provides the following benefits:

1) While at the guildhouse a character receives a 2 bonus on any Knowledge (dungeoneering) check or Knowledge check involving Xen'drik.
2) The guildhouse provides average accomodations for members at the cost of 5 sp/day. However the guildhouse has the same security precautions as an upscale inn.
3) The guild will store items for its members. it has two voluminous vaults, one of adamantine and one of steel. If objects need to be stored for over a week, the guild charges 5gp per object/week.
4) The guild maintains a list of references for hirelings and inquisitives that have worked for guild members. As a result, if the party has connections with the guild, any hirelings they employ should be honest and reliable.
5) In addition, members share information and may help one another find jobs or expeditions.

The Guildhouse
The premises that the guild meet in are somewhat similar to a gentlemen's club or lounge.
There are always two guards on the door and they will only permit entry to guild members or those under invite of a member.
Upon entering the air is warm and gently scented with the gentle aroma of fine food, drink and the musty scent of books. A fire burns in the hearth through the cooler months which creates a welcoming atmosphere. Large and exotic potted plants convey a sense of exploration to the lounge and the mahogany panelled walls are adorned with the stuffed heads and skins of strange and perhaps unnatural monsters. Statuettes and ornaments from across Eberron stand as tribute to the diversity of the members travels and well used bookshelves hold tomes on Xen'drik, natural lore, religeous lore and Khyber as well as several well written expedition field notes. Members are free to peruse these at their leisure, however guests leafing through these works are politely asked to refrain.

Members of Note
Vaenya - Elven Female
Erunn Morranel - Human Male Wizard/Sorcerer
Back to top Go down
http://point-of-infinity.blogspot.com
Openstheway
Adept

Character sheet
Race: Warforged
Classes: Artificer 6/ Fighter (Bodyguard)2

PostSubject: Re: The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild   The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010, 02:35

So do we now have two or three marks of favor towards joining the guild right??
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet
Race: Shifter
Classes: Scout 1/Barbarian 1/ Ranger 3/ War Shaper 4/ Were Touched Master 5/Primeval 4/Shifter Paragon 1

PostSubject: Re: The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild   The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010, 02:48

Quote :
So do we now have two or three marks of favor towards joining the guild right??

I'm pretty sure you shoudn't gramatically have included that last word

I'm suprised Ian hasn't exploded

But yes with reacuing the dancer and this I think we've got two of our recommendations
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet
Race: Talenta Halfling
Classes: Ranger 4 Fighter 4 Halfling Outrider 5 Heir of Siberys 3

PostSubject: Re: The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild   The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010, 05:40

As I believe I've said, if I started correcting James' grammatical flaws I'd be doing it forever. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild   The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010, 10:25

You are indeed correct, you have 2 so far.

You have the sponsorship of Vaenya, and if Erunn is true to his word, you will also have his.
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild   The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild I_icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 01:48

Just to confirm, we ARE members now right? Do we get a secret handshake and decoder ring?
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild   The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild I_icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 02:41

Yes you ARE members.
You will each have to deduct the membership fee from your purses, if you haven't already.
There is no formal identification, however should you request it, you can obtain a certificate of credentials for an additonal 2 gold. This is good for the year and can be renewed with each years membership fee.
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild   The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild I_icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 04:13

Cheers. Will do.
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet
Race: Shifter
Classes: Scout 1/Barbarian 1/ Ranger 3/ War Shaper 4/ Were Touched Master 5/Primeval 4/Shifter Paragon 1

PostSubject: Re: The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild   The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild I_icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 04:39

How much is the membership fee ?
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild   The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild I_icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 04:40

Infinity wrote:
Joining
To join the guild a character must gain the approval of at least five current members and must pay the annual dues of 12 gp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild   The Deathsgate Adventurers Guild I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Point of Infinity :: Out-of-Character :: Eberron :: Sharn-
Jump to: