Point of Infinity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Urban Barbarian - Ferocity & Streetfighter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet
Race: Omnipotent Being
Classes: God

Urban Barbarian - Ferocity & Streetfighter Empty
PostSubject: Urban Barbarian - Ferocity & Streetfighter   Urban Barbarian - Ferocity & Streetfighter I_icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 07:43

Not sure if these were pointed out to you Dave, I thought you may be interested with you being an urban barbarian.....
If you do decide to Ferocity, I will allow it to be applied from now on, seeing as though you've aready raged a few times. No worries if you choose not to use it though

Ferocity
Where most barbarians define themselves by nigh-unstoppable rage, a few streetfighters and urban warriors have mastered different techniques. By working up a surge of adrenaline, they hit just as hard, and substantially faster, than their counterparts, while dodging the inevitable counterattack.

Class: Barbarian.
Level: 1st.

Replaces: If you select this class feature, you do not gain rage, or any later improvements to that class feature, nor do you gain indomitable will.
Benefit: Once per day, the barbarian can enter a state of adrenaline-fueled fury, increasing both his physical might and his reaction time. He temporarily gains a +4 bonus to Strength and a +4 bonus to Dexterity, but he takes a -2 penalty on ranged attack rolls beyond short range (30 feet).

He can enter this state as an immediate action, even when flat-footed at the start of combat, so he may apply the enhanced Dexterity modifier to his initiative check.

While in a state of ferocity, the barbarian cannot use any Charisma- or Intelligence-based skills (except for Intimidate), the Concentration skill, or any abilities that require patience or concentration, nor can he cast spells or activate magic items that require a command word, a spell trigger (such as a wand), or spell completion (such as a scroll) to function. He can use any feat he has except item creation feats and metamagic feats. Ferocity lasts for a number of rounds equal to 4 + his Constitution modifier (if positive). The barbarian may prematurely end his state of ferocity. At the end of ferocity, he loses the ferocity modifiers and restrictions and become sickened (-2 on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks) for the duration of the current encounter (unless he is a 17th-level barbarian, at which point this limitation no longer applies). Abilities that normally render him immune to being sickened (such as the Strong Stomach feat, Cityscape 64) reduce the penalties to -1, but do not remove them entirely.

The barbarian can invoke ferocity only once per encounter. At 1st level he can use this ability once per day. At 4th level and every four levels thereafter, he can use it one additional time per day (to a maximum of six times per day at 20th level).

Greater Ferocity: At 11th level, his bonuses to Strength and Dexterity during ferocity each increase to +6. In addition, the duration of his ferocity increases to 5 + your Constitution modifier (if positive).

Shifting Stance: At 14th level, while in a state of ferocity, he gains a +1 dodge bonus to Armor Class and Reflex saves.

In addition, while in a state of ferocity, the barbarian can stand from prone as a swift action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. If a foe that threatens him has a base attack bonus that is 4 points or more higher than his barbarian level, however, she gains an attack of opportunity as normal. (These abilities replace indomitable will.)

Relentless Ferocity: At 17th level, the duration of his ferocity increases to 6 + his Constitution modifier (if positive), and he no longer become sickened at the end of his ferocity. In addition, the dodge bonus granted by his shifting stance ability becomes +2.

Unstoppable Ferocity: At 20th level, the barbarian's bonuses to Strength and Dexterity during ferocity each increase to +8.

Streetfighter
The ability to take a blow is valuable, but on the violent and crowded streets of the city, the winner of a brawl or a duel is often the one who can hit hardest and fastest.

Class: Barbarian.
Level: 7th.

Replaces: If you select this class feature, you do not gain damage reduction at 7th level, or any of the improvements to damage reduction at higher levels.
Benefit: The barbarian gains the ability to swiftly bring the fight to his foe and to hit him hard.

At 7th level, the critical threat range of any charge attack he makes, or any attack he makes against a flat-footed foe, increases by 1. (Thus, a greataxe would threaten a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20.) This ability stacks with the Improved Critical feat or the keen weapon enhancement.

At 10th level, the barbarian can make a single turn, up to 90 degrees, during a charge.

At 13th level, the barbarian can charge through squares occupied by his allies or by noncombatants.

At 16th level, the barbarian can move up to four times his speed when making a charge attack, rather than double.

At 19th level, the barbarian acquires a "cleaving charge." If he drops an opponent on a charge attack, and he has at least 10 feet of movement remaining, he can immediately make a new charge attack against a second foe. If he drops that foe and still has movement remaining, he can charge a third, and so on until he either fails to drop a foe, or runs out of movement. All the other standard rules for a charge attack still apply, including the fact that he must have at least 10 feet of distance to make the charge.

Even if he somehow gains the ability to make multiple attacks on a charge (such as with the lion's charge spell from the Spell Compendium), he must drop the foe on the first attack to use this ability. Similarly, he cannot use this ability and Cleave or Great Cleave in the same round.

Last edited by Infinity on Thu 03 Dec 2009, 22:49; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://point-of-infinity.blogspot.com
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet
Race: Shifter
Classes: Scout 1/Barbarian 1/ Ranger 3/ War Shaper 4/ Were Touched Master 5/Primeval 4/Shifter Paragon 1

PostSubject: Re: Urban Barbarian - Ferocity & Streetfighter   Urban Barbarian - Ferocity & Streetfighter I_icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 10:38

Hmmmm, I like Ferocity I think I shall have it
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Urban Barbarian - Ferocity & Streetfighter   Urban Barbarian - Ferocity & Streetfighter I_icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 22:49

Ok. Just so that you're aware it is from the Cityscape Web enhancement (not that it makes any difference), and i'm thinking that should you decide to take any feat that would affect rage (such as those that extend it or give you additional rages/day) it can instead be applied to ferocity.
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet
Classes: Scout 1/Barbarian 1/ Ranger 3/ War Shaper 4/ Were Touched Master 5/Primeval 4/Shifter Paragon 1

PostSubject: Re: Urban Barbarian - Ferocity & Streetfighter   Urban Barbarian - Ferocity & Streetfighter I_icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 03:08

Understood.
Ah sweet AC increase how I love thee Urban Barbarian - Ferocity & Streetfighter Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Urban Barbarian - Ferocity & Streetfighter   Urban Barbarian - Ferocity & Streetfighter I_icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 03:25

Coolio. I'll do you a print out so you know what's going on during the game Urban Barbarian - Ferocity & Streetfighter Icon_biggrin

(Not that a print out will help you Wink)
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Urban Barbarian - Ferocity & Streetfighter   Urban Barbarian - Ferocity & Streetfighter I_icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 03:29

Ha bloody ha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urban Barbarian - Ferocity & Streetfighter   Urban Barbarian - Ferocity & Streetfighter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Urban Barbarian - Ferocity & Streetfighter
Page 1 of 1