Point of Infinity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet
Race: Talenta Halfling
Classes: Ranger 4 Fighter 4 Halfling Outrider 5 Heir of Siberys 3

Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime Empty
PostSubject: Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime   Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime I_icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 11:26

And the advancement for glidewings seems to to jump a few HD. For Reaver it was straightforward, a 2 HD creature which could advanced to between 3 and 6. Glidewings are 3 HD creatures that can be advanced to between 6 and 10. Does this mean that if I pay 1 1/2 (as I did to get Reaver to each next level) it would jump to 6? Or is the minimum advances 6, so I'd have to do that 3 times (cost-wise that would be 1200 for the first option and 2700 for the second). Obviously you could ignore the silly advance scheme and just have it able to go to 4 and 5 HD as normal.

I promise this will be the last I have to say on the matter Wink
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet
Race: Omnipotent Being
Classes: God

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime   Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime I_icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 11:43

Madaxe McBrutal wrote:
And the advancement for glidewings seems to to jump a few HD. For Reaver it was straightforward, a 2 HD creature which could advanced to between 3 and 6. Glidewings are 3 HD creatures that can be advanced to between 6 and 10. Does this mean that if I pay 1 1/2 (as I did to get Reaver to each next level) it would jump to 6? Or is the minimum advances 6, so I'd have to do that 3 times (cost-wise that would be 1200 for the first option and 2700 for the second). Obviously you could ignore the silly advance scheme and just have it able to go to 4 and 5 HD as normal.

I promise this will be the last I have to say on the matter Wink

As for the Advancement of Hurricane, I would suggest that you can advance it HD by HD for 1 1/2 times the cost of the previous HD cost - including 4 & 5 HD. When it hits 6 HD its size category increases I presume??? You can continue this as long as you can afford it.

Don't worry if you have more to say - perhaps start a new thread though Wink

Last edited by Infinity on Wed 19 May 2010, 13:29; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://point-of-infinity.blogspot.com
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime   Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime I_icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 11:53

Fine and fine. Doesn't get any larger at 6th though.
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime   Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime I_icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 12:40

Madaxe McBrutal wrote:
Doesn't get any larger at 6th though.

That's just daft, where have those missing HD gone? It's either size A or size 2xA with gradual increments thereafter, madness!!!

If your happy with 4 & 5 HD then we'll stick with that Wink
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime   Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime I_icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 12:52

I was looking at, with some sacrifices, a 6 HD one I'm afraid
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime   Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime I_icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 13:07

Madaxe McBrutal wrote:
I was looking at, with some sacrifices, a 6 HD one I'm afraid

Ok matey. I'm at work at the mo so i don't have any books. We can continue this a new thread. Keeps this one a bit tidier. I'm sure we can come to a satisfactory conclusion Wink

Last edited by Infinity on Wed 19 May 2010, 13:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime   Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime I_icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 13:25

Ok then advancement for Hurricane.

Looking at what we've done with Reaver it seems quite straight forward.
The only issues are the money relative to the HD.

I also like the period of time where you and the animal "get used to each other". I think that this should be complemented if possible with Hurricane. However obviously this would take ages at your current level so we can work something out, perhaps 1HD for every 1/2 level you achieve?

I would also be inclined to have the cost in a similar fashion. The "missing" HD should really count towards this - if this would make it unaffordable we can re-discuss this issue. I've calculated it at 1 1/4 times previous level price.

HD Cost
3 - 800
4 - 800+200
5 - 1000 +250
6 - 1250 +313 = 1550 gold (rounded down)

Glidewing
Large Animal
Hit Dice:
3d8+9 (22 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), fl y 80 ft. (average)
Armor Class: 15 (–1 size, +2 Dex, +4 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+10
Attack: Bite +5 melee (1d8+6)
Full Attack: Bite +5 melee (1d8+6)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks:
Special Qualities: Lowlight vision
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +3
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 2, Wis 15, Cha 11
Skills: Listen +4, Spot +6
Feats: Alertness, Flyby Attack
Environment: Warm hills
Organization: Solitary, pair, or flock (3–12)
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6–10 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment:

This large, birdlike reptile has a long, toothy beak, a thin headcrest, sharp talons, and small claws at the joints of its leathery wings. Its eyes are large and yellow, and its scaly skin sprouts small tufts of downy feathers.
Glidewings are large pterosaurs used as flying mounts by the halflings of the Talenta Plains.
Combat

Glidewings are fishers, used to hunting their prey on the wing. They do not generally like to fly into a raging melee on the ground, but are more comfortable in the swoops and dives of aerial combat with other flying creatures or mounts.
Carrying Capacity: A light load for a glidewing is up to 300 pounds; a medium load, 301–600 pounds; and a heavy load, 601–900 pounds. A glidewing can drag 4,500 pounds.
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime   Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime I_icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 23:25

Price-wise that's very kind of you Dave! I already had it worked out at the 2700 mark for the 6 HD version and have now worked out that I can get an 8 HD version for a mere 2438 gp should I wish. Ho ho.

To clarify. Do you mean that it will start out at 3 HD, and every time I get a level it will gain 2 HD until it reaches 8? ( or 6). Obviously I will get the +10 (ouch!) difficulty to Handle Animal check difficulties with the beast; perhaps that could be a little less extreme as it is a fish eater rather than a mad carnivore?
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet
Race: Shifter
Classes: Scout 1/Barbarian 1/ Ranger 3/ War Shaper 4/ Were Touched Master 5/Primeval 4/Shifter Paragon 1

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime   Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime I_icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 23:37

Yeah but it's a lot easier for it to get away from you Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime   Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime I_icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 23:39

Quote :
To clarify. Do you mean that it will start out at 3 HD, and every time I get a level it will gain 2 HD until it reaches 8? ( or 6). Obviously I will get the +10 (ouch!) difficulty to Handle Animal check difficulties with the beast; perhaps that could be a little less extreme as it is a fish eater rather than a mad carnivore?

That was my initial thought.
It would be interesting to have some other crazy habit rather than being a slavering ravager, perhaps a compulsion to head towards water, or not really understanding left and right.
Once you have had it for 1 month, this creature can be set free (should you wish) and will return to roost at a given time, probably dusk, each day. Thus allowing it to be self sufficient.
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime   Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime I_icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 23:42

Okay then, I think we have it sorted!
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet
Classes: Scout 1/Barbarian 1/ Ranger 3/ War Shaper 4/ Were Touched Master 5/Primeval 4/Shifter Paragon 1

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime   Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime I_icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 23:44

So you can give me alift to the Fallen and back ?
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime   Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime I_icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 00:00

He's currently a 3 HD beastie, so I can, but don't expect any help from me as I will be without weapons or armour
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime   Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime I_icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 00:05

No problem, where going to see a friend so I forsee no problems ( boy did I just jinx us )
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime   Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime I_icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 01:21

Ajax the astounding wrote:
No problem, where going to see a friend so I forsee no problems ( boy did I just jinx us )

Muahahahahahahaha Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime   Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hurricane - Thread moved from Downtime
Page 1 of 1