Point of Infinity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kapek's armour

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Openstheway
Adept

Character sheet
Race: Warforged
Classes: Artificer 6/ Fighter (Bodyguard)2

Kapek's armour Empty
PostSubject: Kapek's armour   Kapek's armour I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 04:42

In the spirit of giving/making the whole party something cool, as I'm working on Kapek's armour at the moment can I

a/ give it a money belt feature with room for say 50 gp same rules about making it harder to steal from

b/ bandoler slots for six boomarangs (* thats not spelt right but hey) that can later be made magical to refill like an everfull quiver or something like that.

what cost for the masterwork changes if this is ok to do.

and what cost to later add the magic for the slots??
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet
Race: Omnipotent Being
Classes: God

Kapek's armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kapek's armour   Kapek's armour I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 06:05

You just love making my life difficult don't you? Kapek's armour Suspect

a) For an extra 4 gp you can add a money belt. Holds 50 coins and raises Pick Pocket DC by +5.

b) Masterwork Bandoleer (holding 6 boomerangs) costs 5 gp to buy. (None masterwork are 5 sp).

In order to add the "re-filling" effect then things get complicated. There are two ways to do this as far as i can see.

1) To have the Bandoleer conjure new (short life-span Boomerangs) each time one is removed.

2) Have the Bandoleer imbue the 'Returning' ability (for 1 round - to keep the cost down) on anything drawn from it, bearing in mind that it is designed to only hold Talenta Boomerang.

I think option 2 is probably the easiest, this way you need telekinesis rather than fabricate.
Returning is a +1 enhancment

Spell level (telekinesis = 5) x Caster level x 2000 gp (use activated)
Divide by 2 (due to it only working on a specific item)
Divide by 5 (due to it only imbuing enhancement for 1 round)

Just an idea - Not gospel
Back to top Go down
http://point-of-infinity.blogspot.com
Openstheway
Adept

Character sheet

Kapek's armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kapek's armour   Kapek's armour I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 07:05

You just love making my life difficult don't you? Kapek's armour Suspect To right ! I'm sorry dude.

a) For an extra 4 gp you can add a money belt. Holds 50 coins and raises Pick Pocket DC by +5.

b) Masterwork Bandoleer (holding 6 boomerangs) costs 5 gp to buy. (None masterwork are 5 sp).

Right I'll pay that and add that for him.

In order to add the "re-filling" effect then things get complicated. There are two ways to do this as far as i can see.

1) To have the Bandoleer conjure new (short life-span Boomerangs) each time one is removed.

2) Have the Bandoleer imbue the 'Returning' ability (for 1 round - to keep the cost down) on anything drawn from it, bearing in mind that it is designed to only hold Talenta Boomerang.

I think option 2 is probably the easiest, this way you need telekinesis rather than fabricate.
Returning is a +1 enhancment

Spell level (telekinesis = 5) x Caster level x 2000 gp (use activated)
Divide by 2 (due to it only working on a specific item)
Divide by 5 (due to it only imbuing enhancement for 1 round)

OK so what does that work out as ? 5*5*2000 = 50000 /2 = 25000/5 = 5000 is market value
divide 2 for cost price 2500gp ?
200 xp
and 5 days to enchant?

Just an idea - Not gospel I'm happy if Ian reads this and he is happy then great.
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet
Race: Omnipotent Being
Classes: God

Kapek's armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kapek's armour   Kapek's armour I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 07:29

Heh - That worked out better than i could have planned.
The cost seems about right and i'm happy that it seems to work ok Kapek's armour Fresse

There is also the UMD check - Telekinesis is a 5th level spell, meaning you have to be 9th level to cast it.
UMD DC is 20 + caster level = 29

The only thing he will have to get, if he hasn't already, is 6 boomerangs. But i think he already has them.
Back to top Go down
http://point-of-infinity.blogspot.com
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet
Race: Talenta Halfling
Classes: Ranger 4 Fighter 4 Halfling Outrider 5 Heir of Siberys 3

Kapek's armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kapek's armour   Kapek's armour I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 09:07

Oh, I'm fully boomeranged up Kapek's armour Icon_biggrin .
Back to top Go down
Openstheway
Adept

Character sheet

Kapek's armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kapek's armour   Kapek's armour I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 18:46

Yer the magic part is a way off as I will need to be a 7th level caster to try to, so that's like 5 levels time but Kapek can still use the armour before that, and once I get to 5th level caster I'll be able to give his armour +1 or better to get things started.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kapek's armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kapek's armour   Kapek's armour I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kapek's armour
Page 1 of 1