Point of Infinity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Level UP !!! or Not?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Openstheway
Adept

Character sheet
Race: Warforged
Classes: Artificer 6/ Fighter (Bodyguard)2

Level UP !!! or Not? Empty
PostSubject: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Apr 2010, 22:01

Well having given it some thought I think that Anvil wouldn't rush on and I also think that am happy to wait another week to level up after some deep thought I like that we aren't racing on fast towards 20th level, the journey towards it is meant to be the enjoyable part of the game and it is ! (Yes part of me longs for more feats and hp ect.but we will get there) so I think the pace it which we have been leveling up has been well timed thanks Dave!

So Anvils idea would be this we head back to the watch tower in Gullsnest report all we have found out maybe try to send a message back to Sharn, try to stock up or I make some more potions and scrolls and then we go from there if word can get back to us, we have go back into the tunnels, if not we think about heading back to Sharn. Anvil doesn't want all that we have done not to be known, and all our efforts to be for nothing.

How does that sound??
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet
Race: Omnipotent Being
Classes: God

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Apr 2010, 23:34

Just so that Chris is aware....

Everyone went back to the surface after dropping the Lurker's body off at the Kobold village.
There was talk of heading deeper, but they went down the stairs another 50 feet or so and the darkness got worse, reducing light sources by half, reducing movement and the -1 penalties to attack, damage and AC increased to -2.

So there was debate about the sanity of continuing.....

And you all got 950 XP
Back to top Go down
http://point-of-infinity.blogspot.com
Chris
Novitiate
Chris

Character sheet
Race: Not telling ;)
Classes: Monk 4/Rogue 1/Drunken Master 2/Five Animals Fist Fighter 2

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Apr 2010, 00:52

Thanks for the update!

Yeah I think the exp leaves (most of) us about 250xp from levelling up?

So Lorric will probably want to be heading back to civilisation to train with some drunken masters Smile (Unless we are just doing the penny drops type thing, and he (finally) figures out the inner mysteries of drunken boxing?)
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet
Race: Shifter
Classes: Scout 1/Barbarian 1/ Ranger 3/ War Shaper 4/ Were Touched Master 5/Primeval 4/Shifter Paragon 1

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Apr 2010, 02:00

I should point out to Chris that Dave has tempted us. If we head dwon into danger he will 'advance' us the XP to go up a level, if we take the safe( sane ?) option we have to wait another session
Back to top Go down
Chris
Novitiate
Chris

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Apr 2010, 03:03

Ah right, didn't realise that.

Not sure it matters to me much, I mean by the time we get back to civilisation to train, I will no doubt have earned the extra 250 exp eh?

Otherwise, if we venture on, I might have the exp to level up, but be unable to enter the prestige career?
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Apr 2010, 03:11

If it makes a difference, which i'm sure it does, you can level up as a Drunken Master, but not be officially allowed the title until you have spent a night of revellry in the company of Drunken Masters.
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet
Classes: Scout 1/Barbarian 1/ Ranger 3/ War Shaper 4/ Were Touched Master 5/Primeval 4/Shifter Paragon 1

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Apr 2010, 03:13

And dying in the PIT OF DOOM will definitely hinder us levelling up
Back to top Go down
Chris
Novitiate
Chris

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Apr 2010, 21:45

Well I think Lorric needs healing before going anywhere, as he appears to be 14 hp!
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Apr 2010, 23:24

Hehe, Ian obviously didn't amend your sheet, that should be 2 HP.
Only joking, everyone headed back to the Kobold village with the Lurker corpse and then on to the surface to rest and breathe some fresh air. They got in a night's rest and healed everyone nack to full.
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet
Race: Talenta Halfling
Classes: Ranger 4 Fighter 4 Halfling Outrider 5 Heir of Siberys 3

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeMon 05 Apr 2010, 00:21

I meant that to indicate 14 HP down, not remaining.
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 01:52

CHRIS:
Assuming you are healed up the situation is thus : Anvil and Kapek have voted we leave and inquire about the msiion, Katerina has abstained and Ajax has voted we explore another couple of levels.
Therefore your vote is important as to our next move
Back to top Go down
Chris
Novitiate
Chris

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 07:05

Well, as we haven't found the lighthouse's missing light yet (unless I missed something?) I have no problem exploring a little further after we've rested. Even if it is only a little bit, until we run out of magic etc.

Having said that, I have only Dave's brief synopsis of what you guys voted. I don't know the reasoning behind your votes, and I may still be swayed one way or the other.

Ouch there are splinters on this fence! Wink
Back to top Go down
Openstheway
Adept

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 07:13

Anvil would have been happy to go on but he has used up all his repairing oils, so won't be able to boast anyones stats due to needing to keep infusions to heal with, so Anvils idea is this (as stated at start of thread) go back to Gullsnest 2 days travel rest make a couple of potions, tell local watch captain about our findings and/or send message back to Sharn. And then go back in tunnels if we get word back from Sharn or choice to explore alittle futher.
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 08:14

That seems like a reasonable compromise.
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 08:19

Wimps !
We're here now, lets at least do another level before we leave
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 04:29

Chris wrote:
Having said that, I have only Dave's brief synopsis of what you guys voted. I don't know the reasoning behind your votes, and I may still be swayed one way or the other.

Ouch there are splinters on this fence! Wink

As far as i can tell, the fence is barbed wire.... Level UP !!! or Not? Icon_razz
From an outside perspective it seems that the party are a little scared about what may lay ahead after the last encounters severity. After all Anvil was on 3 HP for the last 4 rounds of the fight, Ajax was similarly injured at times and the fight used up most of the partys "portable" healing. The web golem had at least one round where it dealt around 40 damage to one character, and then the second opponent turned up and things looked really quite dire.

So in response to your posts, the party are actually a big bag of sissies and that is why they want to go back to the "safety" of civilisation.
Back to top Go down
Openstheway
Adept

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 04:36

Sissies live to fight another day!
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 05:18

Quote :
A coward dies a thousand deaths, a hero dies but once
Back to top Go down
Openstheway
Adept

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 05:34

"History is written by the Victor"
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 05:45

Quote :
Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 05:46

Quote:
A coward dies a thousand deaths, a hero dies but once

You notice that only the hero's death seems to be permanent here . . .
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 05:47

That's what Raise Dead is for Level UP !!! or Not? Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 10:43

Cowards?
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 10:49

No, for when the Heroes die the once
Back to top Go down
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 10:51

Hehe, how to stir up a hornet's nest in a few simple words Level UP !!! or Not? Icon_bounce

I understand your predicament and i don't wish to influence your choices, so from here on in i shall remain silent on the issue.

Cowards.... Level UP !!! or Not? Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Level UP !!! or Not?   Level UP !!! or Not? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Level UP !!! or Not?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next